[orca-list] Updating Orca

Hi folks

I would like to update Orca, or at least learn *how* to do it. Am i correct in thinking that I need to clone the Git repo for Orca and follw any instructions that might be found in the README file?

Also, I am running Ubuntu Mate which is I think built on top an earlier version of GNOME. Is there a way of updating Mate or is it not recommended to update Orca to anything otherĀ  than the shipped version for a relative novice?

Thanks

Best wishes

James