[orca-list] Orca version: what in the world?

OK, so, I am running the most recent master branch build of Orca on Ubuntu 18.10.

If I type

orca -v

from the actual system itself, it works, and I'm given the correct build number, etc.

However, this is just nuts strange! If I try remotely while connected over SSH to issue that command, here's what I get:

chris@furrari:~$ orca -v

Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

What in the heehaw? Is that supposed to happen? Why, if so?

Chris.