Re: [orca-list] Speakup and Orca conflict sorted

Hi Brandt,

I wouldn't call this a fix, you are just proposing to remove espeakup
and use speechd-up instead, which is a workaround, not a solution.

I think that this issue should be raised (again) on the
debian-accessibility mailing list, as it has nothing to do with Orca but
rather results of the the sound settings in Debian which don't use
dmix in pulseaudio configuration.

Or just install Slint in which Orca and espeakup coexist nicely (but
speechd-up can also be used, and fenrir if you install it with
slapt-get) <smile>

Bets regards,

Didier