[orca-list] Text Editors

Hi all,
I feel like this has been asked lots before, but I can't find anything with Google.

So I'm looking for a text editor that I can use similarly to the text editing plugin of NVDA under windows.

I'm used to pressing a key combo to move to the previous or next lines with the same, previous or next indent levels. Is there some text editor that can do that for me? I'm thinking probably VI, but I'm not sure how to use that (yet).

Any help is appreciated, and please don't be afraid to send me off to reading materials (I'm not afraid to learn).

Cheers,

--

Take care,

Chris Norman