[orca-list] Application Specific Settings: Proposal to make them more functional across the system

Hello,

In its current state right now, if a user changes application specific
settings for Firefox, Libreoffice and what not, I then have to change
settings twice, once globally and once for the application. This
quickly gets out of control if a user does a bunch of them, say Pluma,
LibreOffice, Firefox, Thunderbird, then in that instance the user has
to change the setting 5 times to change a setting for the entire
system globally!
Therefore I'd like to propose a different way of doing this. There are
2 approaches:

1. Make it so that if settings in one app are not defined but a subset
are, only use the settings that are defined and use the system default
for the others (e.g. If I only change Firefox settings on Firefox tab,
then use those settings, and use the rest of the settings that are set
up on the default set.
But this extends further, as follows:
* If the user changes some option in Firefox tab of the Orca
preferences, then changes one specific voice setting, when the user
switches to that application, apply the firefox settings and just the
one specific voice setting and use the rest from the default.

Approach 2:

Another approach would be to simply merge all the application specific
tabs into the main preferences and provide adjustment on a global
scale. Except in that instance, the firefox tab could be renamed to
"web" and what not.

What do you think?

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any input you may have.

Sincerely,

Brandon Tyson

--
“Be what you are. This is the first step towards becoming better than you are.”
– J. C. Hare & A. W. Hare