Re: [orca-list] a couple of basic questions

John:

I use these commands in a regular tty all day long to paste between the
Speakup clipboard and the Gnome clipboard. I wish we had a more
automated way of doing that, but so far, we don't afaik.

As to what you paste, it doesn't matter. It can be any string. A
filename, a URI, a credit card number, whatever. It doesn't matter.

John Covici writes:
But the xclip manpage seems to want you to execute it in a
gnome-terminal or other session, not a regular tty.  When you say
selection, do you mean a file name?

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 12:48:02 -0400,