Subject: Re: Userland and speech-dispatcher issue
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 22:31:29 +0200
From: Didier Spaier <didier slint fr>
To: Mgr. Janusz Chmiel <janusz chmiel volny cz>

So I misunderstood you first post, as you really meant you are using UserLAnd on an Android device...

As I am maybe not the only one in this mailing list not having heard of that until today I will share the
information I just gathered, but please correct me if I am wrong:
UserLAnd is a way to run Linux distributions or applications on Android.
website: https://userland.tech/
GitHub repository: https://github.com/CypherpunkArmory/UserLAnd
Installation from the Google Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tech.ula

Xserver XSDL is X Window System / X11 server for Android.
GitHub repository: https://github.com/pelya/xserver-xsdl

tutorial: Installing and Running a GNU/Linux Environment on Any Android Device available @
https://www.xda-developers.com/guide-installing-and-running-a-gnulinux-environment-on-any-android-device/

Unfortunately, I have no idea where the added communication delay come from, although I would suspect an
issue of the communication between Xserver XSDL an pulseaudio and/or the sound hardware.

Anyway I would try to run spd-say in console mode to check if the same delay occurs.

Best of luck,
Didier