Re: [orca-list] How to use Kdenlive

I've done some video editing, though I didn't use kdenlive. I had the best luck with LiVES.

http://lives-video.com/

It worked well with Orca the last time I used it. The best thing about it is the fact that you can select video by its starting and ending frame numbers and play only the selected section so that you can be sure to get only the frames in your selection that you want. All your effects and transitions are available from standard GTK menus, making it very easy to find the things you need. I had off and on success running LiVES on Arch, but I think Ubuntu offered the best integration actually. The application and all its various pieces and parts seem to all fit together better there. I think the main problem is the fact that it uses ffmpeg to do the hard work, and its command line seems to be a moving target, especially for the more involved stuff. But when it works, its interface is quite speech friendly and is great for beginning to intermediate users, and probably more advanced users as well.

That said, maybe I should look at kdenlive some time. Now that it uses qt5, I'm sure the accessibility is quite a bit better now than it was the first time I saw it mentioned anywhere.

Imetumwa kutoka mbinguni