[orca-list] Sluggishness in Orca

Hello,

Since I started using Orca, every version has seemed to have a lot of
lag under certain conditions.

Here are some examples:

1. As of Orca 3.29, and continuing into at least Orca 3.30.0, when you
tab into the voice type settings panel in Orca's preferences dialog on
the voice tab, there is a very noticeable lag that was not present
before, and Orca does not announce anything else until it recovers
from the lag.
2. Orca really seems to lag when reading through websites in Firefox.
When I up and down arrow, and there's a lot of links, images, entries,
anything other than just simple text for the most part, it takes Orca
some time to read, and this is especially a lot more noticeable on
lower end systems.
3. For me, in general, to get Orca to run well I have to have a super
high end system. Another system a friend of mine has is using Orca
3.28.0, and Ubuntu Mate 18.04 with 1 gb of RAM and Orca is extremely
sluggish. When they change Orca settings and press the "OK" button,
Orca says "screen reader settings reloaded", but then takes a good 5
to 7 seconds before it announces the Desktop.
4. When navigating in general, if you don't have a super high end
system, Orca seems to lag, for example, even when going through the
alt f1 menus in Ubuntu Mate.

Is it possible that these could be fixed at some point please?
This is really the only weak point I have with Orca is its overall
responsiveness.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any input you may have.

Sincerely,

Brandon Tyson

--
“Be what you are. This is the first step towards becoming better than you are.”
– J. C. Hare & A. W. Hare