Re: [orca-list] document recognizing

Because sighted users can use graphical capabilities of OCR software to apply some effects to improve The quality of text output. Issue is, that Tesseract, which support many languages have not been programmed to support high or very low resolution. 300 DPI is The bestvalue. And is some user uses camera, which have much more lover or higher resolution, output is not satisfied. Next problem is, that user, who do not see at all can not take picture of A4 paper without guidance. So app would hadto give him instructions in realtime. Voice isslow, so only sound tones could enable this.

Unfortunately OCR software is based on complex mathematical analysis, memory manipulations andallocations and this is The reason, why this kind of software if it must create good quality will be never free or cheap to buy. I think, that The way is to discuss with LIOS developers, if there are some Python or .so libraries with Python programmers library, which can analyse graphical input and if it is programmatic ally possible. Algorithm could analyse The input resolution. I do not know, if mathematical algorithms, which are able to change resolution of input graphical files do not have negative effect on The image quality. And I Am afraid,that for example, 150 DPI image can not be safely transformed to 300 DPI output file.