[orca-list] Linux Mint MATE terminal questions

Did a quick Google, but can't really find anything, so thought I would ask here.

I'm quite good with this whole blind thing now, but one inconvenience
I have is using terminal in Linux Mint MATE.

Is there anyway to navigate what's on the terminal, and do a quick
copy & paste?  Maybe I want something from a log file, or want to read
the last few lines outputted while compiling a program.  For another
example, sometimes there will be a capital letter in a directory name
I don't pick up on, hence have trouble changing to the directory.
Instead, I have to open up file manager, navigate to the parent
directory, hit F2 to rename that directory then copy and paste the
name in terminal.  It works, but is a pain.

Another one, is there any way to navigate results from a SQL query?
For example, I'm in terminal logged into a mySQL database, pull a few
records, and want to copy & paste one field.  Right now, I just write
a quick PHP script, and open it in Firefox which displays the
necessary records in plain text, but that can be burdensome if there's
a more efficient way to do it.

Thanks,
Matt