Re: [orca-list] Sluggishness in Orca

Hello,

On 01/11/2018 21:22, Luke Yelavich wrote:
I have covered this before from a speech-dispatcher point of view. I've even documented my thoughts on it
in the TODO file. If someone wants to do the work, a rough outline is there.

Thanks for the heads-up, Luke.

The first character line #70 should be a closing curly bracket, not a square bracket ;)

More seriously, this leads to a few questions:
1) Why make these settings depend on Migration to GSettings?
This would need that all systems that use speech-dispatcher implement gsettings, maybe it's a too heavy
requirement?

2) Creating a per synthesizer API would need to adapt the clients like Orca to the API of each synthesizer if
I understand well.
Wouldn't it be less work for the client's developers to just adapt the client once to a change in the current
API?
I'd like to have Joanie's opinion on that.

Best regards,
Didier