Re: [orca-list] Orca master on Debian Stretch

Le 01/11/2018 à 17:40, Patrick ZAJDA via orca-list a écrit :
Is it possible to use Orca Master on Debian Stretch?
If yes, how to proceed? I didn't find anything after some search.

Yes Patrick, it is possible, I'm doing it right now on my computer.

Steps to do that:
1) Add the stretch-backports repository to your sources

2) Update the database with:
sudo apt update

3) Install Orca from backports
sudo apt install -t stretch-backports gnome-orca

4) Install the dependencies for compilation of Orca
sudo apt build-dep gnome-orca

5) Get Orca sources with Git:
git clone https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca.git

6) Go to the cloned repository

7) Execute the following command:
./autogen.sh && make && sudo make install

8) How to update master after that ?
8.1) Go to the cloned repository again
8.2) Do the update command for Git:
git pull
8.3) Execute again the command of step 7

9) Enjoy new feature or bug fixes

Best regards,
Alex.