[orca-list] Mate building queries

Hey list, I'm getting confused building or trying to build the latest Orca from the github on Mate 18.04 here.

What exactly do I need to do, from a vanilla Mate ful install? I've cloned it, run autogen.sh and installed the missing packages up to pygobject-3.0, which refuses to install here.

Is the Orca in github simply not compatible with Mate, or is it more complicated than simply going with the 3.28 in the default Ubuntu repos?

Jace