Re: [orca-list] OT: Accessibility for person with a motor disability

People with motor disabilities may benefit by trying out a track ball or a rat. The track ball allows a hand to remain in one position with a ball being rolled inside a base to move the cursor. Buttons on that base can be pressed to do the clicking. A rat allows a user to run the mouse function from a set of foot pedals on the floor. Joysticks if calibrated correctly allowing more movement of the stick with less movement of the cursor on the screen so larger movements need to be made to have smaller movements of a cursor on a screen to happen. I have a fine motor deficit and many times find targets on screens way too small to highlight and use. I'm pretty sure software to enlarge targets on a screen and regulate those targets doesn't yet exist but would be useful for people with fine motor deficits. At least I've never found any of it on line.

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018, chrys wrote:

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 13:03:48
From: chrys <chrys linux-a11y org>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] OT: Accessibility for person with a motor disability

Howdy,

i dont know a software but it schould be very doable using OpenCV.
i.e.
http://thume.ca/projects/2012/11/04/simple-accurate-eye-center-tracking-in-opencv/
i wanted to start that software long time ago with help of an motoric disabled guy. my idea was to use speech recogizing and eye tracking to make a linux maschine accessible.
but m rare in time and didnt heared from him.

cheers chrys