Re: [orca-list] Anybody having similar Firefox focusing issues?

Hi,

What version of Firefox you're using?

Edhoari Setiyoso
On 03/12/2018 12:42 AM, tim wrote:

Hello all, so I'm running accessible coconut, Ubuntu 16.04, with the latest Orca, at least in the repositories, and Firefox. But I'm wondering if anybody is having similar issues when attempting to navigate web pages, for example using Tab, and shift tab respectively, nothing speaks! Except for maybe if I'm at the beginning / end of a web page, the browser / navigation bar speaks, but as far as getting 2 say a link or something? Because normally you can press tab + shift + tab to cycle between links, or just kind of quickly navigate the page, normally that would work, but in this instance nothing speaks. So I have to use El, or the letter K it, to find different links, of course I could use the arrow keys, to go through the page, but then I have to if I am looking for a specific link, find that link, then make sure it's focused to click on it. Hopefully this all makes sense. But either there's a serious bug, because the Orca key + Tab, and orca + shift + tab seem to work when moving through page, I'm not sure if that's an updated method or not. But just thought I would bring this to the list, and see if there's any workarounds. I know there are shortcut keys like H to go through headings,, to find edit fields. Which also present a challenge, I have to put Orca in Focus mode, and then type in say a username, or a password. And then I have to down arrow out of it, to find the button I'm looking for, normally you could shift tab, or Tab out of these boxes, but this doesn't work in this sentence. Sorry for the rant, but these are all the issues I'm running into with Firefox, and the latest Orca at least the one in this versions Repository.