Re: [orca-list] user agent spoofing in firefox with skype and orca

There are a couple of extensions that allow you to easily change user agent
strings for firefox. One is more geared for those wanting to choose from a
list of strings they provide, and another more toward making ones custom
strings. Just enter something like agent switcher in the add-ons search field
and available extensions should appear so you can take a look.
I installed a couple a while back, but I've not needed to use them/not
experimented at all yet. If you get stuck though, let me know and I'll take a
look and see which extensions I have and take a look at their usability with
orca.
Chrome/chromevox really is a better option, think audio itself did not auto
configure with firefox and the siilly app skype "has given" us.
I sure miss my skcmd and clisk, and the pidgin plugin as well couple be nice.
Although I am a big fan of linphone and my sip provider noise canceling,
mostly skype's lack of echo just are not matched by these VOIP alternatives.
Other than that many SIP providers beat skype hands down, mine sure does.
Linphone still having some issues for me this last year or year and a half,
but I've gone way OT, and the conversation started OT for the list/anything
else from me will be off list friends.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Jace Kattalakis wrote:
Tue, Jun 05, 2018 at 01:54:43PM +0100

JaceHey, you need to right click and choose new, then string, and go from
there with the name and value