Re: [orca-list] Orca master and a few Orca questions

Hello,

I am only able to comment on a few things.

Replying inline

Dňa 31.05.2018 o 17:32 Jace Kattalakis napísal(a):

For one, it reads all punctuation regardless of what I set punctuation to

For me it appears to work fine. Recently however a change has been made that it always read full character name when there is a single character to speak. For example when you navigate to a line and the line only has single space or single periot it will be read. Punctuation level is for handling punctuation inside a word. For example put down a.b.c.d. (letters seperated by periods) and compare how orca reports it with punctuation level set to most and all. An issue with this is that when the punctuation level is configured to all orca presents dot at the end of each utterance that is sent to speech-dispatcher for synthesis. This might be tweaked I think.
I want 3.28 (the default with 18.04) and 3.29.1 on my system, given I followed the instructions I'm assuming I have to go back and do altinstall, right? It says on a sudo apt upgrade orca I'm running 3.28 but Orca learn mode and orca --v states 3.29.1 pre. So, how can I get both versions running flawlessly? More to the point is it actually worth doing that? If not I'll forget that and just run with the orca-master one

You do actually have both orca versions installed on your system now. orca 3.28 installed via distro package manager (its binary is /usr/bin/orca ) and orca 3.29 pre aka orca master you have installed manually from sources (its binary is located at /usr/local/bin/orca ). When you orca from a terminal, from a menu shortcut or from a run box /usr/local/bin/orca takes precedence so it's considered to be the default. However if you quit orca and run /usr/bin/orca from the terminal or from alt+F2 run box, you can run orca 3.28 this way.

Greetings

Peter