Re: [orca-list] VirtualBox guest editions

I need a keyboard shortcut for the devices button/menu. Otherwise, orca doesn't even know it is present.

On 07/18/2018 05:18 AM, Didier Spaier wrote:
Hi Andy,

you first need to install the extension pack.

I assume you will use the most recent version of VirtualBox and that your Windows VM is installed.

If it is not packaged for your distribution, get the extension pack:
wget https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.16/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.16.vbox-extpack
Then, install it as root (use sudo if need be):
VBoxManage extpack install Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.16.vbox-extpack

Here are the instructions online for VirtualBox extensions
Whole chapter:   https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04.html
For Windows: https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04.html#additions-windows

This being said I just did it this way (caveat: I am sighted, and I don't know if the pop-up windows are
accessible):
In the menu in top panel of the VM, click on Devices, then at the bottom of the drop-down list Insert the CD
image of the VB extensions (my translation, it is in French here)
Then I was guided by pop-up windows, accepted all default choices including to execute the binary file that
do the installation.

Best regards,

Didier

PS I have a lot of systems in this VM and choose which one to start using EFI3M ;)