Re: [orca-list] Possible bug with Orca and speech-dispatcher and selecting voices

Hello Storm,

I made a diff with ecd75ff that I have installed and updated GenericExecuteSynth accordingly in my Slint
system.

This new GenericExecuteSynth command make it speak now out of the box (using pulse, will check with libao
backed by alsa), no need to replace $PLAY_COMMAND anymore, thanks!

I see that there are more languages and voice settings, good!

A small glitch: in the file you attached, the first line is split so there is no # before the second one.

I can't answer yet for the issue you mention as I have just one voice installed.

I will install others voices to try to reproduce.

Just a shot in the dark: in espeak.conf and espeak-ng.conf there is a variable EspeakListVoiceVariants set to
0 by default.
Maybe include it in espeak-gn-mbrola.conf and set it to 1, just in case?

I take this occasion to remind whoever in concern that a better handling of the variants in speech-dipatcher
and orca would be nice ;)

Best regards,

Didier