Re: [orca-list] Please clarify mouse review

Hello,

Mouse movement is tethered to the flat review navigation however you are still able to independently move the mouse pointer it-self either by using mouse it-self or you emulate the mouse using mouse keys feature of gnome or a similar app if you wish.
When mouse is pointing to something else than flat review you can move mouse to flat review item by pressing orca+numpad slash where supported.
And now the answer to your original question: orca has a feature that allows you to hear what object a mouse pointer is pointing to. So as you move the mouse pointer orca can report all the objects mouse passes by when moving. This is called mouse review.
Most of orca users are blind thus it's difficult for us to spot issues similar to those Alex has raised and Joanie addressed to the best of her abilities recently. Alex is partially sighted (I believe he uses a magnifier) and as a part of his work at Hypra he had evaluated this orca functionality and provided usefull feedback.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa July 6, 2018 5:46:32 PM UTC používateľ Christopher Gilland via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> napísal:
Basically, my subject explains my question, in a nutshell.

When we keep on list talking about mouse review, is this different from
flat review? I was under the impression that when we use flat review,
we're actually moving the mouse pointer as well in the process. No? If
not, and the mouse pointer isn't tethered to the flat review, then, is
there a way to make is so? If not, with the Orca desktop layout, is
there a command to route the mouse pointer to the current flat review? I
looked under key bindings and didn't see anything, but it's very likely
I might have missed something.

Chris.

orca-list mailing list
orca-list gnome org