Re: [orca-list] Problems with orca and updated Ubuntu 16.04

Hello,

Can you access that PC remotely to trouble shoot? Does other audio such as system bell play? Can you blindly try running
espeak hello
spd-say hello
or similar to discover if speech is working fine?
If all this appears to be working are you sure orca is running?

Greetings

Peter

I am running Ubuntu 16.04 with all the latest updates.  Under either mate or Ubuntu Default orca comes up and works with my braille display in some circumstances but there is no speech.  It does not work with even my braille display under firefox.  The only oddity I see in syslog or other places is the following line.

Jan 26 09:23:34 Tom-M2800 console-kit-daemon[5024]: (process:7120): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

Does anyone on these lists have suggestions?

Tom