Re: [orca-list] Fwd: Small sound when using Orca on Ubuntu Mate - Raspberry Pi , From Hanoi - Vietnam

        Hello everyone,

    I use Orca with Ubuntu-MATE on Raspberry Pi 2 since 2015, and in the 3 since 2017; I live in Brazil.
    Apparently the standard sound driver for 3.5mm audio output has been in trouble for several years [1],
either using Pulseaudio or using ALSA. In the RaspberryVi page as already mentioned, there are some ways to
get around the problem:
the RaspberryVi distribution uses a OMX library to correct the audio stuttering [2]; another way is is to try
to use USB audio dongle [3].
    I use another solution: I set the speech-dispatcher to output sound via OSS instead of Pulseaudio; in the
console/terminal run "sudo spd-conf" to open the speech-dispatcher configurator,
answer some questions, in the question "Do you want to create/setup a 'user' or 'system' configuration" type
"system", and for the question "Default audio output method" type "oss".

   Cheers,

      Tiago Melo Casal

 Links:
 [1] www.raspberryvi.org/stories/stuttering.html