Re: [orca-list] Fedora 27: sometimes not focussable top bar and issues with keyboard layouts

Hi Maksym,

Thanks for the info.
Will try that.

Greetings,
Simon

Am 04.01.2018 um 20:14 schrieb Maksym Bilak:
Hi Simon.

First of all, try changing the Gnome-wayland session on Gnome-xorg. As far as I understand, Gnome-wayland still has some problems ... You can change the session on the login screen (the default is Gnome-wayland). Regarding keyboard layouts: I have no similar problems. I can only assume the following:

1. This is also some Wayland problems;

2. You have configured the system in such a way that for each open window the layout of the keyboard was stored.

In any case, I recommend that you try to change the session to Gnome-xorg; And also update the system. It is desirable - using dnf, using the -b parameter; Or place this option in /etc/dnf/dnf.conf

best=True

This parameter asks dnf to update the packages to the most recent versions (of course, already tested packages).

Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
Hi all,

I just installed fedora 27 on a computer.
I have sometimes issues focussing the gnome top bar with orca 3.26.0 and somehow i have issues with keyboard layouts.
they seem to change to english for example in firefox and audacious.
on the desktop or in the search box of the dash i don't have english.
i have the keyboard set to german and this is also whats shown in the settings. language and region is german (austria).

Anyone could help me with that?
I thought also of installing mate but i wasn't sure if the panels are now accessible.

I also haven't updated the system yet.
so i don't know if a system update would fix the issues i am currently having.

Greetings,
Simon

---