[orca-list] Odd question - installed gnome into ubuntu, and, it won't accept my login password

While am still waiting to get hold of a display, to then try sort out boot-up off a flash drive, which will have ubuntu-mate installer package on it, I powered up the desktop PC, and, used the following  command, to, in the mean time, get the gnome desktop interface running on the machine:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-gnome-desktop

While it did ask me for the password for my account, and then continued with installation process, prompting
me to select display manager at the end, etc., if I now power up the machine again, then if I select ubuntu
as the session option, it will accept the same password, but, if I select either gnome default, or gnome
classic as the session option, it will then not accept the same password, for the same account?

As in, while the same process worked fine under the virtual instance, running inside VMWare on my windows
laptop, it's a bit strange that it's behaving so differently on the desktop PC?

Any thoughts on interim workarounds, or even just reasons why this could occur?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA