Re: [orca-list] youtube-viewer login question

OK, I think I understand now.

I have two suggestions ...

1.)     Whenever I find myself unsure of tightly focussing what I want
in my clipboard, I simply select all, then copy into gedit.

        I'vefound gedit needs to be already running, or it seems unable
        to accept a paste.

                From there I can examine and edit as needed, then return
                only the content I want to the clipboard at which point
                I go t to the application that needs the input and
                paste.

                        I've even edited in a console session sometimes,
                        using xclip to paste back into the clipboard.

                        2.)     All of this may be unnecessary if you
                        enable Google two-factor authentication. I've
                        been using this for well over a year, maybe even
                        over two years now, and I'm quite pleased with
                        the service.

                                I have my authentication setup to give
                                me a voice call, when Google's algos
                                believe they need to authenticate me.
                                The automated voice reads out a 6 digit
                                code I type into the edit box--that the
                                browser has already focussed. Works like
                                a charm.

                                        Alternatively, you can have sms
                                        text sent to your smart phone.

                                                Or, the latest method, A
                                                popup toast message on
                                                your phone asks whether
                                                that's you logging in,
                                                and you simply tap the
                                                button to say "yes."
                                                Also works very well for
                                                me.

                                                I've found dual factor
                                                rarely asks for
                                                authentication when
                                                requests come in from my
                                                same ip address.

                                                I strongly recommend
                                                dual factor as it makes
                                                things both more secure
                                                and less cumbersome. I
                                                hope it's an option for
                                                your situation.

                                                Janina

Jude DaShiell writes:
I must not be explaining myself clearly.  Once inside of youtube-viewer and
you have to be inside of youtube-viewer to login to youtube so already
subscribed channels are shown to you you run the :login command.
 You are given a unique url that's different each time generated and that
url takes you to a google authorization code page.  You log in on the google
authorization page and you authorize youtube-viewer to do things with your
youtube account.  Once done you get a google authorization code that you
need to copy and then leave the google authorization page and you need to
paste that code into the youtube-viewer code box and then finish the process
on youtube-viewer. You use that code on youtube-viewer until inside
youtube-viewer you run the :logout command which removes the code from
youtube-viewer.  Thanks for the login password url, I'll have a read through
this since I expect it will be helpful with other applications.