[orca-list] Wiewu! I finally got my CD drive working, but what! a mess!

So, I literally! had to install the gtc-utils package, then send a raw command string to my drive:

sg_raw /dev/sr0 EA 00 00 00 00 00 01

Once done, my drive started working.

I wonder why it took such an extreme measure to get that dang thing to work; that's ridiculous! Suffice it to say, I put that thing into a shell script, as I'm not about to even attempt! remembering that string, LOL!

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know, issue solved.

Chris.