Re: [orca-list] cannot compile atspi2-core-2.26.2 using gentoo

Hello John,

Le 21/02/2018 à 11:32, John Covici a écrit :
Hi.  I need to upgrade the atisp2 packages, so I can run orca --
otherwise orca is not starting at all, so I tried to compile it using
the normal gentoo command and get the following:

I quote part of your build log below:

(part of the build log)
Running custom install script '/usr/bin/python3.5
/usr/lib/python-exec/python3.5/meson --internal gettext install
--subdir=po --localedir=share/locale --pkgname=at-spi2-core'
 * Header files have changed between ABIs.
  * ---
        *   environment, line 2561:  Called multilib_check_headers
         *   environment, line 2620:  Called die
          * The specific snippet of code:
           *               die "Header checksum mismatch, aborting.";

The program multilib_check_header is gentoo-specific.

I read in this page:
https://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-reference/multilib-build.eclass/index.html

multilib_check_headers
   Check whether the header files are consistent between ABIs.

   This function needs to be called after each ABI's installation phase. It obtains the header file
checksums and compares them with previous runs (if any). Dies if header files differ.

I don't know if that gives you a clue, else I assume that the Gentoo community is more able to help you.

Greetings,

Didier
Slint distribution:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/README-14.2.1.1