Re: [orca-list] Configuring speech rate that tracks keyboard entry

Hello Daniel

Le 16/02/2018 à 03:15, Daniel Collins a écrit :
First, thanks to Didier for his advice on configuring my punctuation level.  Now I have another issue: I am
satisfied with the system speech rate, but the speech rate that tracks keyboard data entry is entirely too
slow.  How do I configure it?

If you mean that  there is a lag between pressing a key and hearing the echo of the corresponding character I
don't know of any settings in Orca nor speed-dispatcher for that.

I Orca in the Vice page tab you can only set the Rate globally (slider between 0 and 100, default 50)

Maybe try a higher rate though, as this also makes each character typed spelled faster.

There is a similar setting for speech-dispatcher that you can access typing spd-conf, but it seems that the
Orca setting takes precedence here.

If I am something, please someone more knowledgeable speak up.

Greetings,
Didier
Slint distribution
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/README-14.2.1.1