Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu Mate 16.04

hi
As a fellow ubuntu mate user, this should be fixed by upgrading mate to 1.18. This isn't in the ubuntu repos, but there's a PPA you can add that will upgrade it. If that doesn't work, enter the following in a terminal
Sudo -E "appname" where appname is the app you want to launch. The -E flag preserves the environment, and that app should speak. It should work without that needed, but just in case. If you want to upgrade mate to 1.18, hear are the commands to do it. In a terminal, execute

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonathonf/mate-1.18  Press enter and it will import the key automatically. Then enter
sudo apt-get update
Then finally,
sudo apt full-upgrade will finish it.
You'll need to restart after that, but you should be running mate 1.18.
HTH
Kendell Clark