Re: [orca-list] Orca and Raspberry PI

Working with F123Light, which is primarily designed to build on the Raspberry Pi, my experience is that running a full desktop, even MATE, can be rather slow on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3. That said, you may have a better experience with the newer 3B+, which has a faster processor than previous models, and has better network connectivity as well, but still keeps the modest $35 USD price, although I don't currently have a test unit so I can't verify the speed increase here. The main problem with all these is that you have to mask Pulseaudio, as the hardware has serious trouble with it. The good news however is that the sound device can in fact accept simultaneous streams without Pulseaudio, so unless you need its more advanced features, in which case, you're probably not using the Raspberry Pi's internal device anyway, you really don't have to have Pulseaudio at all just for everyday tasks.
Imetumwa kutoka mkono wangu