Re: [orca-list] Accessible distros

Wow I would say that's probably not enough resources. I believe that's more than good enough to run Linux, but if ms works at all, it will be quite sluggish even as a secondary boot partition. And I wouldn't try even putting a Linux vm on top of the Linux host on that machine. I know little of what ms is requiring these days, but I seem to recall that they require 4GB of RAM at the very least now. I actually thought it was 8 to do anything useful, but 4 I think is the bare minimum. On the other hand, Linux+MATE can do rather well with 3.2GiB, and even 2 is satisfactory with as little as 1GiB of swapspace. I have roughly 2GB of RAM on the system I'm using to write this, and it's Linux+MATE with Pidgin, Firefox and Seamonkey Mail along with a terminal shell running at once pretty much all the time. I do have swapspace, because I run builds, and because both Firefox and Seamonkey both tend to spike and kill stuff if I don't. But in most cases, my machine works fine. I wouldn't dare put a more resource intensive OS on this thing though, and of course ms won't even run on this, as it's not Intel/AMD x86_64.
Imetumwa kutoka dirisha langu