Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 11:56:07
From: James via orca-list <orca-list gnome org>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Accessible distros

Hello

I am currently running Ubuntu Mate 18.04 LTS in a VM as i still need Windows
for work. I am unfortunately unable to find the time to dedicate to? playing
with it at the moment. obviously I am not getting the experience I am assuming
I would if I ran Linux on my machine natively. However, after reading threads
about Fedora on the list recently, I would like to know if i am still correct
in thinking? that Ubuntu with GNOME is still the most mainstream accessible
distro for new/casual? users?

Also for those of you who use Windows? at work, do you run Windows in a VM at
home?

From what I have read it appears that? Fedora ships with more updated packages
than does Ubuntu, but could I not simply just update to the latest packages on
Ubuntu as required?

I am also trying to learn programming, specifically Python. I hope that if I
become competent enough I may be able to contribute something back to the
community.

Thanks for any advice.
Best wishes
James