Re: [orca-list] login with youtube-viewer

Le 27/08/2018 à 13:28, Jude DaShiell a écrit :
For those platforms that can install youtube-viewer and get it working,
has anyone here with a google account managed to log into youtube using
youtube-viewer?  If so, how did you manage that?

If you type:
:login

this displays a long line beginning with:
** Get the authentication code:
followed by a big URL that you should copy then paste in a browser
(or, hold Ctrl and click on it to open it in Firefox)
This opens a dialog titled:
Sign in to continue to YoutubeViewer
You are asked in it for your email of phone number.

I assume that this should give you an authentication code
thrt you would paste at the next prompt of youtube-viewer after:
Code:

I couldn't make a complete try because for some reason I have
hard time getting a Google account (and do not intend to
use one but for trying this feature, as an aside).

Didier