Re: [orca-list] How to have beeps on progress bar updates instead of voice announcements?

Le 30/07/2018 à 17:58, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Did you enable the beeps and disable the spoken announcement in the
preferences?

I've checked the output of "autogen.sh" and the development library wasn't installed but it continues to not work in my test case described below. I've also installed python3-gst-1.0 and I can confirm I've beeps on file copy but not on Firefox file downloading.

Environment:
- Debian 9 "Stretch" with latest a11y stack
- Orca master compiled with sound support
- Firefox ESR 52.9 (e10s disabled)

1) On my Orca preferences I've only checked beeps announcements
2) Download a big file like a Debian DVD: https://gensho.ftp.acc.umu.se/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/9.5.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-dvd/firmware-9.5.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso
3) Go to tools, download
4) Move the cursor on the big file you're downloading

Result: Orca announces progression by percentage
Expected result: Orca should emit beeps

Best regards,
Alex.