Re: [orca-list] New to list...got questions

Hey list, I decided to join this list since I'm an Orca user and I got a few questions that I'm hoping you lot can help with.

First off....I got a slow desktop, an 11 year old one so what's the most Orca-friendly and quickest responding desktop out there, that has up to date packages? I usually go with Gnome but that lags my system. I've tried Mate but I'm wondering if there's anything more easy to use out there? Only one option is to use mate or buy higher RAM or better processor or new computer. Or you can use Consoe with some console screenreader for example Fenrir or Speakup, but I haven't got experiences with that.

Next. Cinnamon, what's the state of accessibility with it currently, i.e. is it fully useable? I have an Antergos USB stick in my laptop bag and I'm debating on using Cinnamon IF it is fully acessible Cinamon isn't accessible. Only accessible environments are Gnome and Mate. In Ubuntu from 12 to 16 was Unity, but it was cancelled and it is only Gnome or mate accessible for us.

Last one for the moment. Are there any good lightweight web browsers for my older system that use up less resources than Firefox? I only use FF since it's easy to use and its what I'm used to. Though I want something that is simple to use and doesn't use up a ton of RAM and CPU.
I recommend you Seamonkey. I use it and no problems.

Best regards

Vojta.

Jace Kattalakis napsal(a):
[...]

Hopefully you guys can help