Re: [orca-list] issues with orca and interactive fiction interpreters

http://www.ifarchive.org/ for games archives. In the speakup list we used to have a get-games.sh file that used rsync to download games but that got broken and it's possible deliberately because shortly after that webmasters started posting warnings against webcrawling whatever that is, I searched for a definition at the time and never found one.

On Mon, 9 Apr 2018, Didier Spaier wrote:

Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 06:34:47
From: Didier Spaier <didier slint fr>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] issues with orca and interactive fiction interpreters

Confirmed on Slint:
su
spi -i frotz
(now frotz is installed and can run)
root[/home/didier]# depfinder /usr/src/slapt-src/games/frotz/frotz-2.44-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz
aaa_elflibs|ncurses
(for the records, in Slint the aaa_elflib packages just gathers links
found in other packages)

Now gargoyle:
root[/home/didier]# LANG=en_US?utf8 spi -i -s gargoyle
The following packages will be installed:
SDL_sound gargoyle libmodplug linux-libertine-fonts smpeg speex
I can start gargoyle and I see inetrpreters in /usr/libexec.gargoyle,
but where do I find the games?

Best regards,
Didier

Le 09/04/2018 ? 12:05, Jude DaShiell a ?crit?:
Yes, frotz is an ncurses app, I know I built it on archlinux and ncurses was one of its dependencies.