Re: [orca-list] orca/gnome very chatty when changing windows

Hello,

prayner unimelb edu au, le ven. 06 avril 2018 12:02:12 +1000, a ecrit:
I frequently switch between firefox and emacs. At the moment I get a
pretty long message whenever I do that, in fact I get it twice when
switching to emacs, something like
"window emacs@my-machine-name push button, window
emacs@my-machine-name frane dummy text panel"
and the my-machine-name is the fully qualified domain name. All this
takes a while.
Is there any way I can shorten or eliminate these messages?

You could just change the window title with e.g.

(setq frame-title-format "%b - emacs")

in your .emacs to only have the file name spoken, or just put "emacs" to
only have "emacs" spoken :)

I guess it's being spoken twice just because it is mentioned both by the
task switcher ("push button"), and when actually switching to the task.

Samuel