Re: [orca-list] which linux distro

Kde dont have a screen reader

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Jeanette C.
Skickat: den 21 september 2017 23:15
Till: Michael Weaver
Kopia: orca-list gnome org
Ämne: Re: [orca-list] which linux distro

Hi Michael,

there is Vinux and trisquel, which are both supposed to work with Orca

directly.

I recently came across the Ubuntu documentation and it says, that Orca could

be turned on by pressing Super+s, though I don't know how that maps to a

laptop.

ArchLinux works for me. It starts in the console using espeakup and brltty -

if a braille display is present. After someone explained things to me, I've

now got Orca working with MATE. I couldn't get it to start with gnome-shell,

but I also tried KDE and cinnamon, which both worked, as far as it goes.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------