Re: [orca-list] Orca isn't reading thunderbird messages well. HOw do I fix this?

Title: Assinatura Informal

Hi.

Eventually I find this problem but it disappears as soon I restart orca.

I'm having a really peculiar issue with Thunderbird 52.

When I press enter to open an e-mail message, as I do not like having the reading paine enabled for security reasons, I'm finding that Orca is speaking each line of the message as I up and down arrow through its content twice.

So for instance, if I had a line of text in an e-mail message that said:

Hello, my name is Chris...

as I arrow to that line, I'd hear Hello my name is Chris Hello my name is Chris.

I've been able to fix this by hitting F7 to turn on carrot mode, however as soon as I close the opened e-mail message, then open another one, carrot mode gets toggled back off again, making me again have to turn it on with F7, which is incredibly annoying.

Is there a setting, or some way in Thunderbird to fix this?

Chris.