Re: [orca-list] Installing Ubuntu 17.10

Andy B. <sonfire11 gmail com> wrote:
I didn't, and have no sighted people to help with it. The installer gives
the option to disable secure boot, but it requires a password, which Dell
set or didn't set. In either case, the installer refuses to let me continue
unless there is a password.

The only way to really disable secure boot is from the bios. If you can get an app like Be My Eyes or
something then that might be worth pursuing. There is a tab in windows to help you get started, but it will
end up taking you to the UEFI interface, anyway.
If there are others with better ideas, please do speak up, though.