From: Peter Vágner [mailto:pvdeejay gmail com]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:32 PM
To: Andy B. <sonfire11 gmail com>
Cc: orca-list <orca-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Favorites in activities view (Gnome3)

Hello,

Please excuse me it appears I was mixing some terms in my Activities overview explanation. What I was reffering to as dock is dash if we like to follow gnome specific terminology. I am using Gnome desktop in slovak, it's translated as dock what I assume is international word. Now I have recognized this part is actually named dash in english.

So all the favourited apps are pinned to the dash meaning they are on the top of the list when navigating using up and down arrow keys in there.

I think there is no keyboard shortcut to move to the dash directly. At least I was unable to find one in the docs nor in the list of actions in the Settings -> Keyboard.

Greetings and please accept my apologies for mixing terms.

Peter

Hello,

The apps you add to favorites through the popup menus in the list of apps are pinned to the dock.
I think there is a keyboard shortcut which takes you directly to the dock, however I don't remember that key and I'm currently outside with no access to my laptop.
Please look into the Gnome wiki article I've posted yesterday to discover it or alternativelly explore the categories and corresponding lists of key bindings in the Settings -> keyboard.
You can also expand the activities by pressing the super key alone and then moving to the dock by repeatedly pressing ctrl+alt+tab until you get there.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 19. 10. 2017 3:03 PM používateľ "Andy B." <sonfire11 gmail com> napísal:

Hi,

I see where to add favorites in the activities overview. However, I don’t know how to see them once added. How do you do this?