Re: [orca-list] Orca doesn't read text in "find text" when moving with arrows keys

On 10/04/2017 03:19 PM, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
Le 04/10/2017 à 14:58, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Thanks. The problem is that the text field has an index in parent of -1.
That is indicative of a broken hierarchy. Please have them fix that bug
too and -- assuming there are not other bugs like that one -- Orca
should hopefully present it.

Hello Joanie,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Sorry for my ignorance but I don't understand why having an index parent
of -1 is a problem.

Could you report the bug upstream? Or explain me the situation and context?

It is indicative of a broken hierarchy. When Orca is deciding where
you've moved to and what to present, it looks at things like parents,
all bets are off.

Please file the bug upstream. I'm still scrambling to get the
ARIA-related specs out the door. Thanks!

--joanie