[orca-list] Howto force Debian Net Installer to Use Alsa Sound for speech?

Hello,

I'mm trying to install Debian Buster from the network installer,onto a
machine having hdmi as well as the usual sound board.  My understanding
is that Debian installer will use hdmi for audio when it's present.
The manual suggests that I can pass a parameter to force the installer
to use the alsa card?  How can I do this?  I've tried using "soundhw=ac96", as suggested; nothing happens.

Thanks,

Dave