Re: [orca-list] archlinux orca very broken

This is weird. When orca starts up hitting insert-space does nothing until after you run orca --debug. Then insert-space works as documented. Why this is, I have no clue.

On Mon, 2 Oct 2017, Jude DaShiell wrote:

Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 11:07:18
From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel panix com>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] archlinux orca very broken

orca --setup throws an error to the effect the file cannot be found in my home directory. The insert-space either insert key or capslock-space do not work either. However I can turn speakup off just fine with insert-gray-plus key and no, espeakup and speakup do not run when xorg and mate run since a script I wrote and use turns them off for the session. Either orca was badly packaged or is in some other way broken. So my limited memory may be a factor but is not the determining factor in this failure. Next I'll try and see if orca --debug will work and before that try insert-q and see if I can shut orca off before doing the orca --debug command.