Re: [orca-list] Accessible-Coconut version 16.04.22 Released

I installed it and think networkmanager got updated recently upstream. This is unfortunate since now my rtl8187B wifi adapter can no longer connect to the internet. The connection is found; the correct password is entered but no activation is possible.

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017, Sath Linux wrote:

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 00:38:46
From: Sath Linux <sath linux gmail com>
To: orca-list <orca-list gnome org>, kfbyouth googlegroups com,
    ai <ai accessindia inclusivehabitat in>
Subject: [orca-list] Accessible-Coconut version 16.04.22 Released

Dear friends,
We cocofrix team are very happy to announce the release of
Accessible-Coconut 16.04.22.
Accessible coconut is a Gnu/Linux based operating system customized to
meet the challenges
caused by impaired vision.

Latest Version can be downloaded from : www.cocofrix.com

Special features of this distribution..

1 All the libraries in the world are accessible before the visually
challenged. Linux intelligent OCR solution. Lios is a tool
developed by our team which can help a person to read printed
materials in almost all the prominent languages of the world including
Indian languages like Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, etc. Lios has all the
facilities required for a standard OCR tool such as pdf conversion,
image conversion, acquire image from scanner, screenshot ocr, go to page,
go to line, page settings, Audio Converter, Text Cleaner, and like.
Lios has a low vision environment with facility to change Text Color,
Background Color, Font, and facility to Read with Highlight.
Lios use Tesseract 4.0 and Cuneiform as OCR Engines.

2 IBus-Sharada-Braille : - a system wide input method for producing text.
One can use six key approach for Brailler mode,  for producing text in
different languages.  Letter f, d, s, j, k, l represent the six dots
of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, of braille and we can use different combinations
for different letters.
All the contractions and Abbreviations in English are included in the tool
as default. And again, one can create any number of contractions and
abbreviations of one?s own choice in any language. We have provided a
language editor for adding languages, abbreviation editor,
and a preference to select any key to represent the braille dots.
We have also provided seven and eight keys to support languages like
Japanese, and Chinese.
One hand mode. We have added a feature which helps a person with one
hand to use IBus-Sharada-Braille.

3 Tuxtype : -  Tuxtype is a sophisticated program, to practice typing
in different
languages, and it is written in C and powered by SDL. We have made it
accessible and
one can learn typing in a game like way. We have also added a six key
component in it and it is available as
tuxtype braille.

4 Tuxmaths : - Tuxmaths is a game for practicing basic mathematical
skills. Lan Multiplayer is also possible and accessible.

5 Chess accessibility : - We have made Xboard accessible. Xboard an
application for playing chess
using different chess engines.

6 Accessible Musical Instrument : - We have provided latest version of
Linux MultiMedia Studio(LMMS) which is accessible. LMMS is an
ingenious music producer and editor.
We have also provided a menu item named Instruments inside sound and
video menu to play Instruments via LMMS.

7 Office suit : - A visually challenged person can use more accessible
open office spreadsheet,
And Libreoffice Writer for Document purposes.

8 Fixes for ORCA Screen Reader : - We have made small changes in orca.
One of which allow smooth continuous reading
which can be enabled by selecting "Sentence(Using Full stop)" in
Say-All-By Option. Another change is we have removed
call to window.clearCache() which quit orca while closing or switch
between applications. This can be reverted using the
menu item inside Universal Access Menu.

9 Artha - English offline Dictionary, Select the word and press
Alt+Ctrl+W in order to get the meaning.

10 SMPlayer : - Play audio's and Video's in any speed.

11 Sharada-Braille-Writer : - Simple text editor for typing in six key
Braille mode.

12 Chrome With Speech : - Accessible Chrome Web Browser.

13 Hydrogen : - Play Drums.

14 Audacity : - Sound recording and editing.

15 Curlew : - Easy to use accessible multimedia converter.

16 Daisy-Player : - Play daisy audio formats.

17 eBook-Speaker : - Read ebook aloud.

19 CPU-G : - View your system configuration, Kernel Version, etc.

20 Format-USB : - format USB pendrive or external hard-drive.

21 VCD-Imager : - Extract video from VCD/DVD.

22 Pidgin : - Universal chat client.

23 Calibre : - Manage E-book collections as well as to create, edit,
and read e-books.

24 Audacious : - Audio Player.

25 blueman : - BlueTooth manager.

26 Periodic-Table : - Accessible Periodic Table.

27 Grub-Customizer : - Change boot entries of operating systems.

28 Gparted : - Accessible partitioner for your storage devices.

Thanking you cocofrix team.

--
FREE SOFTWARE FREE SOCIETY *