Re: [orca-list] Can't get Orca start in a graphical environment started

Hello,

Le 02/11/2017 à 17:59, Peter Vágner a écrit :

Okay, so now I am trying to tinker more with it this time on my install of
slint.
However I am missing even more basic things than this. How is lightdm
supposed to be started on slint? I don't seem to be able to find its
startup script. How are you starting it Didier please?

You put a code snipped in top of /etc/rc.d/rc.4 so it be tried before
its siblings, then run an root the comamnd runlevelconfig and choose
graphical.

If you can't hear anything, press Ctrl+Alt+F2, log in as root then type
telinit 3 to go back to text mode.
If you still have no sound, reboot, press tab then append a space  3 to
the command line, so the machine will start in texed mode.

If you prefer, you can stay in runlevel 3 (texet) by default to start
graphical directly, at boot append space 4 to the command lien instead
of space 3.

Let me know if anything is not clear. Usually my explanations are way
too convoluted...

Greetings,

Didier