Re: [orca-list] Sometimes no speech or braille after login in Mate 1.12.1 with Orca 3.26.0

Hello,
I've got it again while doing a say all in firefox on gmail.
This time I do have all the debug symbols in place.
This is with at-spi2-core 2.26.2.
Can I provide something else to help tracking it?

The back trace is leading to atspi/atspi-misc.c:968
and that is the only call to g_main_loop_run at the end of this method...
void
atspi_event_main (void)
{
  atspi_main_loop = g_main_loop_new (NULL, FALSE);
  g_main_loop_run (atspi_main_loop);
  atspi_main_loop = NULL;
}

I imagine this is going to be difficult to fix.

Greetings

Peter

Hello,

I have managed to capture back trace from one of these coredumps. I don't yet have a suitable debug symbols so I need to read more on this.
Still can you please try looking at this if it might be somewhat usefull?
What packages except of python do I need to install a debug symbols for to be able to provide more relevant details?

Greetings

Peter

Hello,

I have noticed what I think might be similar to what you are seeing.
Orca sometimes exits randomly for me. It might be happening when closing a window, when something changes and similar.
Most frequently it is happening here when sending out emails in the gmail running in Firefox or when closing gedit window.
I don't yet have an orca debug log for this situation so I am not really sure what is really going on. This is only guessing game on my part.

Greetings

Peter

Hi,

sometimes there is no speech or braille in the run dialogue ater login in Mate 1.12.1 in Ubuntu 16.04 with Orca 3.26.0. What is the reason for this?

Greetings,
Wolfram