Re: [orca-list] Other best distros that are useable wit Orca?

What kind of luck have users had installing F123? That's supposed to be an earlier Antergos competitor.

On Wed, 1 Nov 2017, Peter V?gner wrote:

Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 04:31:20
From: Peter V?gner <pvdeejay gmail com>
To: Armando Maldonado <armando maldonado0767 gmail com>
Cc: orca-list <orca-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Other best distros that are useable wit Orca?

Hello,
When booting an installed system you are supposed to get boot messages
displayed on the screen in a text mode until graphical login screen is
shown. If you have your system to start with graphical UI. If not then text
mode login prompt should get displayed. Espeakup should also be started in
that case. If you are on a laptop having multimedia keys have you tried to
play with the volume control keys to discover if the speakers are not muted
inadvertently.
Do you have a bit of sight so you have discovered you can only see numbers
or some text  messages displayed on the screen.
I am thinking I'll going to also try installing debian testing as I feel
it's extremely important to help you make the most of your system as we
don't like to contribute to somewhat negative review at cool blind tech :-)
.

Other systems you can try include Fedora which starts up with graphical UI
and you can press alt+super+s to start orca and archlinux by booting
talking arch image. There is an excelent audio walk through created by Kyle
on how you might install arch linux if you like to take that route...
https://talkingarch.tk/tutorials.php

Oh yeah, Chris you are awesome, helping you as best as you can after you
have rejoined here just a week or two ago. Excelent! And thanks for your
time.

Greetings

Peter