Re: [orca-list] VINUX-SUPPORT: frustrations with fedora

I was speaking of the present, as that's all we have to work with. Not
        the future, not /should/ but /what is/. Right now, GUI with
        braille is poor at best, like Talkback’s experience. No, I don’t
        want Windows either, and definitely not the Mac, as it shows
        everything which is on the line of the screen, with the
        Voiceover cursor highlighted with dots 7 and 8, making things
        hard to read. I propose that Orca should look at all the
        elements on the screen, gather them and their locations and
        attributes, and show /that/ sort of list, in Braille, rather
        than only showing the element with focus, so that Braille users
        will get something like flat review, which is pretty good for
        Braille usage. Sure, not the best for keyboard usage, but if
        keyboard focus changes, Braille could track that. I think I will
        CC this message to the Orca list, because it is pretty important
        that Braille be working well. Otherwise, educational settings,
        workplaces, and governments with blind people will laugh in our
        faces, especially call center jobs where blind people have to
        hear clients and use the computer at the same time, like the
        IRS, if they did switch to Linux.
--

Devin Prater
Sent from Discordia using Gnus for Emacs.

Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> writes:

According to Devin Prater:
# that deaf blind person cannot and shouldn’t have to use Linux.

What? A typo I hope. That person should have the right to use Linux
just like anyone else, and in fact should have every reason to choose
it. If braille is problematic, I want it to work as much or more than
anyone else does. But I want it to be a superior Linux experience, not
a Windows or Mac experience.
~Kyle